The 12 Stages of Visiting Another School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

As much as we all love WUSTL, everyone needs a little change every once in a while. Some retreat home and others scatter about the country in search of best friends, siblings, cousins, and anyone they can use to go to that Big 10 football game. And so it begins, the 12 inevitable stages of visiting another school.

1. You pack enough outfits to last a semester

Teen.com

2. You document your entire journey on your Snapchat story

worldprincejangkensuk.com

#wearentinmissourianymore #peaceout

3. You finally arrive on your friend’s campus and immediately compare everything to Wash U

guycodeblog.mtv.com

“Oh, you don’t eat in the dining halls? That’s so weird, we have like the #1 food in the nation… but who’s keeping track?

4. You see your best friend/sibling (or acquaintance that you’re using to go to the big game) and you couldn’t be happier

threatlevelginger.com

#reunited

5. Obligatory “back with bae” Snapchats are in order 

gifsec.com

6. They introduce you to all the people in their life who you’re already friends with on Facebook

s3.scoopwhoop.com

7. It’s time to go out and you can’t believe how late everything starts

rack.3.mschdn.com

8. You’re exhausted from the long day but ready for a big night out

buzzfed.com

9. You have a pang of longing for your school friends but then your friend’s friends adopt you as their own

s3.amazonaws.com

10. You have the best time, but suddenly it’s time to part ways once again

movie-quotes.tumblr.com

11. You arrive back at WUSTL and realize how happy you are to be home

s51.photobucket.com

12. And the longest nap of your life begins

todaysgif.tumblr.com

Article cover photo via images6.fanpop.com

Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.
Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.