Not So Fast: How To Bring The Beloved Summer Items Into Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.
It’s the same thing every year; as soon as September rolls around we find ourselves surrounded by pumpkin spice lattes, apples, pumpkins, sweaters, and boots…but wait — it’s still 80 degrees outside. Our fall layering certainly can’t fly in the afternoons when it feels almost like a hundred degrees outside in the sun. And what about those two sundresses we never had the chance to wear that we found crammed in the back of our closet? We would not be caught dead wearing a sundress and drinking a pumpkin spice latte (the horror!). Well, luckily, I have come up with some solutions for us, collegiettes!

Boots: Yes, the oh so loved good ole’ brown boots. These beauties aren’t just good for a southern tailgate, they’re perfect for adding a little bit of fall into our little bit of leftover summer. 

Darker Colors: It is pretty obvious the whole “no white after labor day” rule doesn’t apply anymore, so bring out that favorite white skirt or white dress and add some darker colors to it and you’ll have yourself a fall outfit.

Layering: Layering is an essential part of the fall outfit. It’s pretty much guaranteed that as long as you have a scarf or a jacket incorporated into your outfit you’ll be the queen of fall fashion.

I hope these few tips allow everyone to get the last bit out of their beloved summer items, before we have to say goodbye to them for a whole year (tear). 

Also if you want any details about the outfits above or if you want to read more by me check out my blog at www.looksnbooks.com!
Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.