Miss Universal Campus Rep – Meet Maxine Rusbasan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Looking for a way to build your career during the school year without an internship? Applying for a campus rep position could be your best solution. 

Meet Maxine Rusbasan!  She’s Wake’s current campus rep for NBC Universal Studios – as in one of the largest film studios in the world. For someone who wishes to pursue a career in the film industry, “it’s been really great” for Maxine.

What has Maxine done as a campus rep thus far? Last fall Maxine was able to score an exclusive on-campus screening of Pitch Perfect (one of my favorite moves ever) before it came out in theatres.  Universal Studios also sent Maxine some Pitch Perfect merchandise, such as t-shirts, ear buds, and other general things that college kids love. “I mean, we had Pitch Perfect sunglasses; to see people at night wearing them, that’s pretty cool,” said Maxine. 

Maxine was also able to arrange a special Skype interview with the director of Pitch Perfect for the OGB (she’s promised to incorporate HerCampus in the future, yay!).

So what’s next? This semester Maxine will be hosting a pre-screening event for the movie Ride Along, starring Kevin Hart, before it hits theatres in November!  The trailer for this movie is here and it looks hilarious!

One of the most valuable skills Maxine has learned is how to effectively market a screening specifically targeted toward a young audience. “My greatest challenge it to try to get freshmen to know about this,” said Maxine. So, freshmen, don’t be shy! 

Interested in the position?  Applications will be available in the spring and rising juniors are the most favored applicants.  Check out Maxine’s Wake Forest’s Universal Facebook for pictures, upcoming events, and more!

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.