Imogen Jenkins and The Pub

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

“To provide a platform for the individual voices within the Wake Forest community, where students can openly and honestly interact with one another by means of creative and/or editorial writing.”

With a mission like that, who wouldn’t want to know more about Wake’s first online creative writing publication: The Pub?  So for this week’s Campus Celeb, Her Campus talked with The Pub’s Secretary Treasurer, Imogen Jenkins, to learn more about this daring publication.

Extremely excited to get the campus talking about and submitting to The Pub, Imogen described how the publication is compelling because of its uncensored and unique qualities.

“Editing is a really subjective thing when you get down to it, and there is as little editing done as possible with The Pub,” Imogen said.

Imogen also explained how she believes it is a valid outlet for Wake students to express their creativity.

“Everyone here has awesome creativity, and it’s not well known to be ‘like creative’ because we’re all really goal driven,” said Imogen.

Any Wake student can submit a piece of work, and with only four requirements, it’s easy to contribute to thepubwfu.com.  The Pub even has prompts to help foster some ideas. Along with submitting, Imogen encourages students to comment on other submissions, ‘like’ The Pub on Facebook, and share with friends to get involved.

“What makes media credible is everyone getting involved and expressing themselves. There’s things you hear about, and people writing these great things, and there is tons of creativity,” said Imogen.

Along with The Pub, Imogen has helped with lighting for the AAP (Anthony Aston Players) production of “This is our Youth,” and is a member of Kappa Beta Gamma.  

As far as what collegiettes can expect from The Pub?

“Expect the unexpected,” said Imogen.

Hi, I'm Emily! I'm from a small town in Kansas, and am currently a freshman at the wonderful Wake Forest University.
Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.