Fourth Quarter of the Football Season with Wendell Dunn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Name: Wendell Dunn

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Major: Communication

Campus is buzzing with excitement as the Deacs finish up an exciting football season and get ready to go bowling! Keep reading to get to know your senior football captain and defensive lineman, Wendell Dunn.

Her Campus (HC): Why did you start playing football?

Wendell Dunn (WD): Everyone in my neighborhood was playing when I was growing up, and it kept me and my brothers out of trouble.

HC: What made you choose Wake?

WD: Academics. I get a great education while getting the opportunity to play in the ACC.

HC: What was the highlight of this season?

WD: Beating Duke!

HC: What is your favorite football memory?

WD: Getting the opportunity to be a starter as a redshirt freshman.

HC: In what ways have you developed as a player during your time at Wake?

WD: I started as a linebacker and was moved to a defensive lineman to help my team, and now I’ve embraced that position and learned how to play it pretty well.

HC: What does football add to your life?

WD: Football adds everything to my life. If it wasn’t for football, I wouldn’t have been able to attend college. I am the first in my family to come to college and it’s because of football.

HC: Where is your favorite place to go off campus in Winston-Salem?

WD: Either Chipotle or the mall.

HC: What are the five words that describe you best?

WD: Outgoing, thoughtful, caring, funny, smart.

HC: Do you have a personal hero?

WD: Yes, my dad. He is a great guy who I aim to be like every day.

HC: What makes you laugh?

WD: Black jokes and Kevin Hart movies.

HC: What inspires you most?

WD: My family.

HC: What is your ideal career?

WD: I’d love to be a motivational speaker or something in sports broadcasting.

Photos courtesy of Wendell Dunn

A sourthern girl at heart, I was born and raised in Greenville, North Carolina.  I am majoring in communications at Wake Forest University.  I love jounalism, blogging, and all things fashion.  I can often be found sitting outside on a nice day typing away at my computer, with a Starbucks or Redbull in hand.
Betsy Mann

Wake Forest