Fashion in the Forest: How to Style 5 Different Boots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

I’m assuming most college girls find it as frustrating and I do to limit what clothing items are actually necessary especially when it comes to shoes! Since boots take up so much space in our closets, it actually does become crucial to strategically plan which pairs are mandatory to have at our disposal here at school. Here are five boots that are imperative for your winter wardrobe, and outfits to match each one!

1. Riding Boots

Riding boots are easily the most popular boots for collegiettes. They come in virtually every color and go with everything. Whether you’re dressed up for dinner or casually going class, riding boots are a wardrobe staple that every collegiette should have. Pair your riding boots with a skirt and plaid top for the perfect mix of dressy and casual, like blogger Caitlin of Southern Curls and Pearls.

2. LL Bean Duck Boots

Duck boots are not only cute and comfy, but they are also perfect for the upcoming cold weather. They’re great for snow or rain, but can also be worn with a casual outfit for class. Wear jeans, and a vest to keep warm, and add socks that come right above the top of your boots to add extra color and texture to your outfit.

3. Ankle Booties

Ankle boots come in so many different styles that everyone is sure to find a pair that fits their vibe. My personal favorites are suede ankle booties with a chunky heel. They easily dress up any outfit and give a little extra height to the shorter collegiettes out there (I know I need it!). Wear jeans and an oversized shirt with your booties; I love the way they make this outfit more fashion forward and less casual.

4. Cowboy Boots

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: cowboy boots are one of the best wardrobe staples for any collegiette at a southern school. Just because we’ve retired our sundresses doesn’t mean we have to retire our cowboy boots! They look good in every season, so keep them around for winter! Wear dark jeans, a coat, and scarf to give your cowboy boots a wintery look. Another bonus is that, like duck boots, they are virtually weather proof and can be worn if it snows on campus!

5. Combat/Motorcycle Boots

While preppy collegiettes may shy away from this look, rugged boots are another shoe staple. Not only do they instantly give you a tougher look, they’re great for frat parties because they look good a little beat up! To make your outfit preppy, pair them with jeans, a boat-neck striped shirt, and a blazer. Your outfit will have a different flair and it’s a great way to change up your wardrobe. 

Hey collegiettes! I'm Arianna and I am a freshman at Wake Forest University. I love all things preppy, but also like to incorporate trends into my wardrobe. I plan to major in communications and possibly minor in French. I can't wait to begin my Her Campus career and hope you enjoy my blog posts!
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.