This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Don’t worry – be happy.

As the spring weather comes peeking through the clouds I’m reminded that sometimes I need more good, cheerful music in my life. This has been a stressful semester, and it can be hard to get out of the gloom of school and remember that life is good. On a drive back to campus, a Coldplay song started playing from my Spotify playlist. The tune made me smile, and I realized – music can cater to a vast amount of emotions and happiness is one of those sentiments.

Music is a wonderful escape. Whether I need a soothing moment of relaxation or a song that makes me dance like a complete fool, music has me covered. Rather than getting trapped within the gloom of schoolwork or worrying over the future, listen to some feel good music. It is shocking how effective music is in aiding our attitudes, especially positive vibes and emotions.

Next time you need some happy music, turn to some of these songs that will hopefully boost your mood and bring some happiness to your day! Here are my top 5 feel good songs!

Here Comes the Sun  – The Beatles

Everyone knows it. Everyone loves it. If this song doesn’t put you in a better state of mind – you’re lying.

Feel Good, Inc. – Gorillaz

Great, classic tune! New singles just recently dropped AND an upcoming album after about 6 years of waiting – check them out if you haven’t already!

Adventure of a Lifetime – Coldplay

No matter how many times it’s overplayed, this song never ceases to put me in a happy mood.

Shake It Out – Florence + The Machine

Angelic voice. Catchy, motivating tune.

Goodbye Stranger – Supertramp

Great song – impossible not to sing along if you are a fan of The Office.

Want more? Or an entire happy playlist? Click here!

An English Major and Communications Minor at Wake Forest University. Current student, future editor. Loves travel, loves music.
Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!