This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.
As the first weekend of Coachella came to a close, the internet exploded with photos of the best fashion and beauty looks. From Taylor Swift’s bleached hair to Vanessa Hudgens’ effortless style, one can’t help but be inspired. Here are my top three favorite beauty trends from weekend one:

1. Light Lips

While previous years have focused on a bold or bright red lip color, this year, celebs and festival attendees have taken to a softer, more natural-toned lip color to complement a sandy, bohemian vibe. 

2. Natural Waves 

To tame those tresses, festival goers have given in to the desert-like weather and embraced their natural, beachy waves. I couldn’t love it more!

3. A Soft Smokey Eye

Continuing the softer, natural look throughout, celebs have stayed true to the smokey eye trend but given it a sandy twist. Instead of using black and dark grey eyeshadows, celebs have re-created the smokey eye with lighter browns and taupe tones for a Coachella worthy look. 

Abby Mohr

Wake Forest

Permanent resident of 8th floor ZSR, professional dog hugger, avid lover of Ignition remixes, and in a constant state of trying to get my life together.
Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus