This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Creamy, cold, and delicious frozen yogurt has now arrived in Blacksburg. The Frosty Parrot opened its doors just last month and it’s already a must-have treat for Hokies. The self-serve fro-yo shop offers about dozen mouth-watering flavors. From blissful blueberry tart to cancun coffee, red velvet reggae to heavenly chocolate. All are guilt free since each yogurt is non-fat, has live active cultures is made from organic milk.

Drooling yet? Wait ‘til you hear about the seemingly endless amount of toppings they offer. Of course there are the traditional toppings like hot fudge, caramel, sprinkles, and fruit. But it doesn’t end there. Numerous cereals beg to be scooped up; fruity pebbles, cookies crisp, rice krispies and golden grahams. Brownies, toffee, marshmallows, cookie dough…yes COOKIE F***ING DOUGH! The owners have thought of everything.

Now I know you must be overwhelmed but don’t worry because you can get as many flavors and
toppings as your little heart (and tummy) desires. Here how it works, grab a cup, fill it up, weigh it up, pay and enjoy! It’s as simple as that.  
Flavors change multiple times a week and many compliment the season, like caramel apple and pumpkin spice. 

The owners have given customers the opportunity to create their own customized, delicious concoctions. The sons of the owners, Matt Duton and Kyle Henderson run the shop and plan on opening up other locations on the East Coast. Henderson’s father is a coach at Blacksburg High and enlisted his students in naming the Frosty Parrot and also came up with the beachy theme. So grab the biggest spoon you can find and go grab a scoop of Parrot-dise!

Also, be on the lookout for an awesome deal for student organizations in the coming weeks. Duton plans on rewarding the student group that brings in the most business during a certain time period. The winning group will have the priviledge to use one of their portable yogurt machines for an event. 

Check out their Facebook page for more details.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Frosty-Parrot/110857832346554

Caitlin is a senior Professional Writing major. Besides Her Campus, she is the Internal Social Chairwoman for Gamma Phi Beta Sorority. She loves the beach, animals, shopping, yoga, and Hokie football!