Fresh Finds in Blacksburg’s Farmer’s Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

It’s a little known fact that every hipster carries one locally grown, farm fresh, organic tomato in his man bun.

The Blacksburg Farmer’s Market is a lovely place to buy locally grown produce, hang out with friends and listen to music.

All of the produce comes from farms within 50 miles of downtown Blacksburg, which supports local and sustainable farming.

Now through October it’s open on Wednesdays from 2:00 – 7:00pm and Saturdays 8:00am – 2:00pm. Don’t miss the opportunity to check it out and get involved with our local community!
Catie-Reagan Palmore is an aspiring Londoner and cat lady. She is currently in her third year at Virginia Tech with plans to graduate in Spring 2017. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre with focuses in Costume Design and Performance. Her minor is in International Fashion. In May she will finish her certificate in Fashion Business at Parsons. One of her favorite things about being a Hokie is being a photographer for Humans of Virginia Tech.
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!