Wear What You Watch: The Fashion of Pretty Little Liars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Is Pretty Little Liars your guilty pleasure show? Prepare to steal your favorite Liar’s style! 

Aria Montgomery

Aria has a style that is soft yet rebellious. She embraces dark colors, leather, layering, legwear, boots, and funky jewelry. Aria is never really seen in any bright colors, so if you want to capture her style go for pieces that are black, brown, burgundy, plum, dark blue, and gray. For a perfect Aria inspired look, take one of your casual dresses; pair it with a leather jacket and some studded boots. You’ll look feminine and edgy at the same time!

Emily Fields

Emily’s style would described as being simple and sporty. Some of her favorite pieces include: miniskirts, chino shorts, jeans, hoodies, and t-shirts. If you want to capture Emily’s style, opt for a more comfortable and classic look and pair it with simple jewelry. Emily loves stripes, so for a perfect Emily inspired look pair a striped t-shirt with distressed jeans, silver hoops, a layered necklace and some Keds or other athletic footwear. You will have the perfect combination of sporty and chic!

Spencer Hastings

Spencer’s style would described as preppy with a vintage twist. She loves tights, oxford shoes, layering, and mixing up masculine and feminine styles. If consider yourself to be a “Spencer” stick to earth tones such as: chocolate brown, mustard yellow, navy blue, ivory, and burgundy when picking your wardrobe. For a perfect Spencer inspired look pair an Oxford button-down shirt with a blazer, dark wash jeans, loafers and top it off with a bow headband. You’ll look sophisticated and fashionable!

Hanna Marin

Aria is bohemian, Spencer is preppy and Emily is sporty. So what about Hanna? She is a little bit of everything. Her style is both girly and flirty but also incorporates some edginess. Hanna never looks dressed down, so if you want to steal her style, you have to look put together most of time. Hanna loves bright colors, her signature hues would be blue and pink. She also loves using belts to define her waist and always pairs her outfits with chunky, yet chic jewelry. For a perfect Hanna inspired look pair dark-wash jeans with a bright colored top, a belt (to clinch the waist), heels, and some glam earrings. You’ll look perfectly polished and poised!

Everyone’s style is different; so you don’t have to limit yourself to just one category (bohemian, prep, sporty, glam). Fashion is all about taking risks, so try something new!  Draw inspiration from all of the girls and you’ll have a wardrobe that everyone envies. Not sure which Liar you are most like? Take this fashion quiz at: http://www.alloy.com/quizzes/take/810/0/2/0/ to find out!

And remember: I’m still here, and I know everything. XOXO

-A