From Simple to Wild: Spring 2014 Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Although it’s mid-January and the majority of us are treasuring our parkas, scarves, and gloves, the fashion world has put the winter months far behind it, as designers send their springtime collections down the runways. This spring, the fashion world has exhibited everything from simple collections to those that highlight their eccentricity through the use of bright colors and patterns.

The most prominent runway trends this season have included global inspired prints, menswear (with an emphasis on the oxford shirt), prints influenced by abstract art, metallics, and sportswear.

Particularly impressive was Chloé’s spring collection, which style.com described as “something polished with punch.” Clare Waight Keller, the creative director of Chloé, defined the muse of her new collection as “a girl more sensual than before.” The designer meticulously and brilliantly employed the use of a variety of different fabrics, from super-matte georgette and patchwork jaquard to a light weight quilting, adding diversity to her line yet without compromising the integrity of her theme.

See below for the best examples of each spring 2014 trend.