Isabel Marant collaborates with H&M for new line, falls short on orders

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Designer Isabel Marant is known worldwide for her comfortable, flattering clothes. Marant describes her clothes as “the clothes she usually packs in her bag on trips.” They’re comfortable, cozy, and not to mention incredibly chic.

Marant hails from Paris, and it’s no surprise: her new line has been described as Parisian chic with a bohemian flare. Her line for H&M includes a variety of eclectically printed sweaters, leather pants, printed blouses, and an assortment of jewelry.  The prices are slightly higher than what one would normally be paying at an H&M, but Marant’s clothes are high quality, and in reality, you’re getting the bang for your buck.

But, don’t run to your local H&M yet: the company underestimated the volume of orders they would be getting for Marant’s clothes, and have had to send out mass emails to customers alerting them that their order was being canceled. One affected retailer told MailOnline that the way H&M handled the Isabel Marant craze was a s*** show, and that she had lost confidence in the retailer.

H&M certainly did a great job promoting the line, however, unfortunately has failed to deliver thus far. Hopefully the line will be available for purchase soon, because we can’t stop obsessing over Marant’s clothes- see a few of our favorite picks below.