Five Reasons We’re Excited for Fall Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

While most of our friends give us weird looks when we tell them that we get a whole week off in October, we all know they’re just trying to disguise their jealousy. An entire week off for fall break is one of the many perks of being a Villanova student. Here are 5 reasons we’re excited for fall break.

1. No Classes. After the 3 papers, 2 midterms, and 1 presentation you had, you are completely drained. While people at normal schools have to power right through onto the second half of the semester, Villanovans are lucky because we get an entire week of no classes. Fall break is amazing because our brains can take a break and our sleep patterns can return back to normal without the daunting thoughts of class getting in the way.

2. Home-cooked meals. Although Pit omelets are great and Café Nova does have good pizza, we all get a little tired of the food at school. And instead of waiting all the way until Thanksgiving to get some of your favorite food, you get to have some in mid-October. But remember you only get a week, so pick your favorite restaurants and your favorite meals to indulge in!

3. Family and friends. By the time October break rolls around we’re all a little homesick. Whether we miss our family, our friends, or our dogs, we all miss something by mid-October. October beak is the perfect time to spend quality bonding time with our family and friends. And the best part is you can do fall activities with them. Whether it’s getting pumpkin spice lattes, going apple picking, or baking cinnamon cookies, fall break is the best time to do all your favorite fall activities with your loved ones.

4. Trips. While going home for fall break can be awesome, some people do other things with their break. From mission trips to visiting siblings overseas, fall break is a great time to go on trips. Because most people don’t get an entire week off for fall break, it’s a perfect time to visit friends. Fall break is exciting because no matter where you go, you can get off campus and experience a new setting for a few days.

5. No dorms. We all have gotten used to the dorm beds and sharing a bathroom with 10 other girls, but by fall break I think we can all agree that we need our own space. Fall break is perfect because you get the comfort of your bed at home and the comfort of showering without flip-flops. You can relax knowing that a fire alarm won’t wake you up at 3 am or that your neighbors will be loud at 8 am on a Saturday. Fall break is the perfect time to get a little peace and quiet and leave the dorms for a while.