absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Chipotle or Moe’s: The Ongoing Battle of Mexican Fast Food

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

You’re hanging out with your friends craving some sort of rice, beans, and cheese combination. Your stomach starts growling at the thought of a big, delicious burrito. You ask your friends where you should grab Mexican fast food and the never-ending debate begins: Chipotle or Moe’s?! Which place will satisfy that deep craving you have for chips and guac?! Where can I get the most food without spending too much money?! Which one will leave me wanting more even after I’ve eaten a burrito, chips, and of course, half of my friends quesadilla?!

Where can I get it? For some people, this debate may seem ridiculous because they have never even heard of Moe’s! How crazy is that?! But the fact is, there are more Chipotle chains in the United States than there are Moe’s chains. Chipotle originated in Colorado in 1993 and now has more than 1,7000 locations. On the other hand, Moe’s originated in Georgia in 2007 and now has more than 500 locations. Although Moe’s has fewer locations than Chipotle, this doesn’t mean it isn’t as good! You just have to look a little harder if you want to get it!

Guac is extra! As you go through the line ordering your burrito adding salsa, you already know what the person is going to say once you ask for guacamole. The classic “guac is extra” line is something we all know, yet we are still reminded of every time we order. How much extra is guac in reality? Well, at Chipotle, guac is $1.80, but guac and chips is $2.95 and salsa and chips is $1.75. Meanwhile, at Moe’s chips and salsa come free with every order and guac is only $1.00!

What’s a stack? When dining at Moe’s, a stack is a must! But what is it? A stack consists of two crunchy corn shells wrapped in a grilled flour tortilla, filled with whatever you want inside! Once you try a stack, you will never be able to order anything else! Moe’s also offers cheesy goodness in Queso that you can put on anything or order on the side to dip your chips in! Who doesn’t love more cheese?!

What does Chipotle have? Although Moe’s does offer some spectacular options, we can’t forget about all of the amazing parts of Chipotle either! I mean have you seen the size of the Chipotle burritos?! They’re massive! The workers aren’t shy about filling bowls either! With the portion sizes at Chipotle, you better go there on an empty stomach! In addition, Chipotle also offers bottled beer and Margaritas that are mixed by hand right in front of you! Instead of eating then going to the bar, you can do both at Chipotle!

Now that you know all of the ins and outs of Chipotle and Moe’s, it’s time to go try them both and decide which place steals your heart as the best Mexican Fast Food chain!