This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

It’s senior year. You’re getting those amazing acceptance letters and maybe a few disappointing rejection letters, but May 1st is quickly approaching! You’re stressing out about picking the right college. How far away from home should I go? Where is my best friend going? Where do my parents want me to go? There are so many questions running through your mind, but the most important one is what will life be like when I finally get to college?! Will the work be crazy hard? Will I gain the freshman fifteen? Although college is a huge adjustment, it is not as hard as it sounds to get acclimated. Here are some first year anxieties that can easily be fixed!

1. What is the work like? College = A ton of readings. While you may have had worksheets and projects to do in high school, the homework in college is all about reading, reading, and more reading. Professors assign a ton of reading, and sometimes it can be difficult to adjust to this. However, a good idea is to spread it all out. Maybe read ten pages a night instead of cramming everything in the night before. Make a plan for when you will read for each class, and stick to it!

2. How will I stay in shape? Although you were on the Varsity sports teams at your high school, you decided not to make it a full time job in college, and that’s okay! You can always join the club team at your school, and Villanova does have a great variety of club sports. However, if you’re not into that, you can still stay in shape! Freshman have their own gym right on south campus, and there is a bigger work out center on main campus. Grab some friends and mix up your workout every time, so you don’t get bored of running on the treadmill everyday! There are also yoga and zumba classes available for students!

3. Is the food really that bad? While college food is not home cooking, it’s not horrible either! The main thing to keep in mind is to mix it up. Getting the same sandwich can get boring, leaving you thinking there are no good options! Try different dining halls and the different options each one offers. When I discovered Café Nova I was relieved because it is such a great place for lunch and it is different than my normal routine! Find that place where you can enjoy going to and make it a treat for yourself!

4. I have to share a room?! Having a roommate for the first time in your life can definitely be an adjustment. However, it doesn’t have to be a bad thing! My roommate freshman year ended up being my best friend and we were randomly put together! Your roommate can be your first friend at college, however, not everyone gets as lucky as I did. Therefore, it is important to stay respectful, considerate, and open-minded no matter what kind of roommate you get. It can be fun to share a room with your best friend, and even if it doesn’t work out so well, you only have to live with that person for one year!

5. How will I live without my family? The biggest adjustment is being independent and learning to live without seeing your family and the friends you’ve known forever everyday. However, we live in a world with phones and video chatting and texting. You will always be able to stay connected to the people from home! The time at college flies, and you will be back with everyone again before you know it! Christmas breaks and summer break are awesome because you reconnect with your friends and it’s like nothing ever changed. You still remain best friends even though you’ve spent some time apart, and you will always remain connected. No plans for spring break? You can visit your friends at their schools! And an even bigger bonus, they can visit you!

While college may seem scary and leave you asking endless questions, you will survive and you will beat all of the first year anxieties!