Tori Beaton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Tori Beaton

Age: 22

Year: Senior

Hometown: Bow, New Hampshire/Chesterfield, Virginia

Major: Psychology and Religious Studies minor

Relationship Status: Single ;)

How are you involved at VCU or in the community?

I actually have never been the type to get super involved with the school community. I’ve gone to some basketball games and have worked in the School of World Studies but besides that I’m not a part of any clubs or organizations.

Favorite experience at VCU so far:

I got to see President Obama make a speech up close in the VIP section at the Siegel Center freshman year. It may not be my favorite memory but it’s definitely one worth bragging about.

Favorite spot in Richmond:

The tree in the Japanese Garden at Maymont that’s sort of hidden but it’s covered in engravings and has extremely exposed roots. It’s so beautiful the way the light shimmers through the tree branches and it’s very peaceful!

Who would play you in the movie of your life?

Ellen Page

Current obsession:

Festival season preparation. I have no idea why I’m starting to think about it so early but I’ve started making lists of costume ideas, camping things I’ll need and totem ideas. I can’t control the enthusiasm!

Last song you listened to:

Memories That You Call by ODESZA

Where was your first kiss?

Around the bus loop in 7th grade. I was blushing so hard I looked like a lobster!!!

Celeb crush:

Shemar Moore

Do you have any hidden talents?

I don’t really think its a talent but I really love to dance which some of my friends don’t realize because I dance like a complete goob and try to keep it somewhat contained, unless I’m at a show then it’s no holds barred! I’m not a good dancer, but I’m passionate and I think that’s good enough.

What are you most excited for this year?

Graduating and spending the summer with some of my closest friends! Going on road trips and to festivals so we can dance, sing, giggle and be goofy goobers together.

Fun fact:

I hate the ocean. I’m fine being on shore or close to land but I see people going on cruises and I’m like “Nope. Nope. Uh-uh. Noooope.”

Sarah is from Lynchburg, Virginia but has lived in Richmond since attending Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012 where she studied Mass Communications with a concentration in print journalism. She began contributing to Her Campus at VCU as a freshman and was developed to lead the chapter as Campus Correspondent for two years where she increased membership by 65% and brought the chapter ranking from bronze level to platinum level. She enjoyed attending both the mid-atlantic conferences held with the chapter at the College of William & Mary and Her Conferences held in NYC.  Sarah currently works in the tech industry in marketing. She has a background in communications, hospitality and nonprofit consulting. She still loves attending VCU basketball games and also loves live music. In her free time, she likes going on long walks with her dog, tending to her house plants and cycling around downtown. Fun fact: she has never owned a car and is a community advocate for public transit. Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn.