This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Fall is officially here. Aside from the delicious pumpkin spice lattes, there’s nothing more exciting than fall fashion. It’s time to box away all the tanks and shorts until next year and bring out all your scarves, boots and cardigans.

One thing that’s so great about fall fashion is the ability to experiment with many different types of clothing. It’s all about layering and putting together unexpected pieces which will make your outfits unique and stand out from the rest of the crowd.  

Junior Olivia Wilkerson loves fall because it’s a chance for her to experiment with the many different ways you can wear sweaters. “Sweaters keep me warm and there are so many different styles, patterns and colors. You can dress them up or dress them down,” Wilkerson said.

One of the more trendy ways to pull off a sweater in the fall is to match it with a pair of boots. Walking across campus, you see many different types of boots. There are knee high boots, short boots, high heeled boots, cowboy boots, etc. Many people never know where to begin when it comes to choosing the right pair.

“I like the high, military styled boots with buckles on the side. It’s chic and gives me personality,” Wilkerson said.

Boots can make almost any outfit look stylish, which is why more and more students choose boots on campus. Another trend that seems to be making its mark on campus is leggings. Almost every girl in the world owns a pair of leggings because it’s the easiest and comfiest fashion trend there is.

“Oversize shirts and leggings has been a trend I’ve noticed this Fall. It’s comfy yet stylish and cute. I love trends like this because they’re inexpensive to keep up with and maintain,” junior Leila Khadrane said.

Last but not least, scarves have definitely been more apparent this season on campus. The greatest thing about scarves is that they can go with almost any outfit. It’s the most inexpensive article of clothing you will find that will keep you warm and looking cute at the same time.

“Scarves make an outfit look casually dressed up but it only takes two seconds to put one on – it’s great,” Khadrane said.

Like sweaters, scarves also have many different styles and patterns to experience with. Fall is the best season to try new things. Instead of picking up that plain black sweater, reach for the colored one and stand out. Instead of wearing Uggs all the time, experiment with knee high boots and try a new style. Fall fashion is all about stepping out of your comfort zone.

Hello! My name is Noura Bayoumi and I am a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. I am studying print journalism with a minor in English. In my free time, I like to explore the city, spend time with my friends and family, and go outdoors.
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.