This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Everyone knows that finals week is one of the few times that it is acceptable to go out into the world looking your absolute worst. With the level of stress we deal with, the dark circles under our eyes and the shaky hands charged by caffeine and rendering make up practically impossible, and all we really want in life is to curl up in our sweatpants and oversized t-shirts and cry without the fear of mascara streaming down our faces. However, there are still those girls who make studying look good, even when in their most comfortable clothes.

One really great way to stay comfortable while looking good is wearing a cute shirt with shorts; it’s quick and simple and never fails. Then there’s the classic maxi dress or maxi skirt, one of the world’s greatest inventions; it’s like wearing a super cute blanket, and is especially comfortable when you need to pull those all nighters.

And now for every 21st century girl’s favorite fashion staple: LEGGINGS. Somehow, by some incredible stroke of luck, it has become socially acceptable and fashionable to wear a t-shirt and leggings, and my are we grateful. It’s also a great opportunity to sport your school spirit or like these AOIIs, show off your hundreds of comfort colors t’s and tanks.

Here we have another excellent example of the shorts and comfy cute shirt combo and then an example of repping letters. This Phi Mu, however, is wearing the awesome choice of sport shorts — super comfortable for going straight from the library to the gym for a study break and also just really comfy to hang out in all night.

Maxi dresses aren’t the only comfortable dress option; I’m a firm believer in the idea that all dresses can be comfortable and they’re a totally classic look. Sundresses tend to give off a freeing feel that promotes a freer mind. I just made that up, but it could be true.

Migrating up to the third floor we come across a group who have allowed the caffeine to affect their brains. However, even this group of serious students can pull off the cut top and shorts combo and then the classic leggings and spirit jersey look. 

However you dress to work through this difficult week, stay comfortable and know that y’all look good no matter what you wear. 

Jessica is a Senior who majors in English and Philosophy with a concentration in Law at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is also involved heavily in her sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi, RamTHON, the English Honor Society, and she's a Rowdy Ram. When she's not staying up until 3 am pounding Diet Cokes and writing essays last minute or stressing about "life after college", she can be found quoting FRIENDS and Shakespeare and laughing at her own jokes. If you're feeling super curious about her personality, just look at her Gemini horoscope or her Myers Briggs results (E/INFP btw). 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!