An Open Letter to My Childhood Friends I’m Still Close to

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

To my two closest friends,

I believe that people enter in our lives for a reason. We are all destined to meet special people in our lives for a purpose. I was beyond blessed to know both of you since day one.

I obviously don’t remember exactly how we met, when we first smiled at each other or even what our first words were to each other. But I’m assuming it went along the lines of gibberish or poorly worded sentences. Whatever the case may be, we’ve come a long way since then.

As best friends, I think you both were there for me at really crucial times of my life, like my hyper-crazy 3-year-old phase to my awkward middle school phase. Even with life-depending decisions, I would come to you first before anyone. Any type of secret or mistake, you both were the first to know. I can always depend on you both to give me friendly advice or an eye opening thought. I trust both of your opinions and value what you say to me. 

I could talk to you both for hours and hours and never get bored of it. When all three of us meet together, it’s ALWAYS a fun time. The best part about all of us is that we aren’t friends; we’ve always been a family. We treat each other’s siblings like our own siblings. We look up to each other’s parents like we look at our own, and that’s the beauty of our friendship.

When I’m physically around you both, it’s a different kind of happiness that I really can’t explain. I forget any type of worries or problems that is around me. My negative energy literally gets sucked into a different realm. There’s no other person that can do that other than both of you.

A million thank you’s wouldn’t even suffice for how much of a positive impact you’ve had on my life. You’ve showed me what it’s like to care for someone other than your immediate family.    

Being six hours away from both of you is so difficult because when I want to talk to one of you, I can’t walk to your house and talk in person like we used to in middle and high school. But that change doesn’t stop us from being best friends.

I’m proud of both of you and really lucky to have you in my life. No matter where life takes us, I know for a fact that we are inseparable. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a chance to thank you, so thank you, for being there for me, thick and thin. I truly love you both.

Sincerely, 

The luckiest girl in the world

Photo Credits: Cover Image, Image 1

Gargi is currently part time editorial team member at Her Campus as a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her hobbies include drawing, blogging and painting. You would most likely catch Gargi eating Panera and binge watching to New Girl or Once Upon A Time. Although she is a biology major, she find writing inspiring and a way to express feelings that she can't say in person. She sees herself working in the Public Health field in the future.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!