Guide to Holiday Shopping in RVA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

With the holiday season fast approaching, gift-shopping for friends and family is likely at the top of your to-do list. Here are some ideas for those of you staying in Richmond during the holidays, or those of you simply interested in seeing what shopping in Richmond has to offer!

For someone with a sweet tooth, what better gift than chocolate? You can find gift baskets, gift bags and boxes of chocolates at For the Love of Chocolate in Carytown. They have a wide variety of deliciousness, including Kosher, vegan, organic and fair trade chocolates. Another great option is the Godiva Chocolatier at Short Pump Town Center. They have everything from truffles and European style biscuits to gourmet coffee and hot cocoa. You could also try out Gearharts Fine Chocolates. Gearharts has some exotic offerings such as Criolla and Raspberry Zin, sure to please even the most discriminating palate! My favorites include their peanut butter pups (yes, you read that right, pups not cups). They are so delicious and cute! For gourmet food gift ideas, visit Hickory Farms at the lower level of Regency Square.

If you are looking for accessories like scarves and jewelry, Forever 21 and Charming Charlie, both in Regency Square, are a couple of affordable options. There are pricier alternatives as well, such as Zales and Italian Jewelry. You also could check out the jewelry department at Macy’s or JCPenney. Regency Square is located at 1420 N. Parham Rd. Other options are Claire’s, Cocoanut Jewelry and Sunglass Hut, and Pandora’s in Short Pump Town Center.

Another great holiday gift or stocking stuffer is candles. Yankee Candle (9200 Stony Point Parkway) has some amazing festive fragrances like Mistletoe, Sparkling Snow and Candy Cane Lane. You could also try Bath and Body Works for little lotions, perfumes and candles.

For the art lovers on your holiday shopping list, you can find art, sculptures and more from the local Richmond artists. There are a lot of galleries that participate in First Fridays, the city’s art walk. Check out the First Friday’s website. Handmade Holiday is an indie craft show that is filled with 50 of the best local, regional and national indie artists and crafters. The annual show is scheduled to take place on Saturday, Dec. 6 between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the Hardywood Park Craft Brewery. Some of the participating artists are Maslo Jewelry, Silver Tree Art, Terrariums by Rich and Zass Design. Their exhibits are full of creative, whimsical, artistic and one-of-a-kind pieces.

If you would rather go to a gift shop that has a little bit of everything, then you have to check out Mongrel (2924, W. Cary St.). This place is like a one-stop shop. It has everything from cards, bags, books, trinkets, stationery and more. O’ Virginia on West Cary Street is also an option with U.S. made products with a focus on Virginia. They have a collection of art, historic maps, books and more.

For personalized gifts, visit Brighton at Short Pump Mall. Brighton has a selection of handbags, shoes, belts and small leather accessories and each product has a signature sterling-silver-plated ornamentation. They also have gifts that can be monogrammed for an additional fee. Also, during the holiday season, they offer a free gift with a $75 purchase!

Image sources: gearhartschocolates.com, sproutgeek.com, sobeanie.com, thefashiontag.com, freeimages.com, inmunited.com

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!