This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Every new year comes with a new round of fashion weeks, and this year’s fun has just begun.  The men’s fall 2016 shows have just wrapped up and we’re craving more!  But first here’s the rundown on a few of our favorite menswear collections for this fall.

Alexander McQueen

McQueen’s fall collection featured a series of tailored suits and oversized coats.  The collection also included sweaters and tops dripping with chains for that signature McQueen edge.  Many of the coats and blazers were embroidered with butterflies and moths, as seen in past shows and collections.  Color wise, McQueen’s collection is dark.  The line is mostly black and white, with a few red and beige pieces.

Balmain

Balmain’s fall collection is full of luxurious drama.  Leather, velvet, and heavy embroidery were all major trends throughout the show.  Olivier Rousteing’s commitment to continuing to build upon the already fierce Balmain Army is clearly evident in this collection.  And even though this was a menswear show, Balmain treated the audience to some pretty amazing dresses and gowns as well.  These ‘soldiers’ looked like they were prepared for a fashion war.  The line consists of many embellished jackets and blazers with gold trimming and embroidery, drop crotch biker pants, and plunging necklines.  

Burberry

The Burberry collection was all about outerwear.  Every type of coat or jacket you could think of was present.  Of course with an added touch of Burberry charm and practicality.  There were trenches, and parkas, and bombers galore.  An outerwear lover’s dream come true.  But in the wake of David Bowie’s death the show had somber ambience while the fashion world mourned the loss of a menswear icon.  The event turned into an impromptu tribute to the music legend, as his hits played before and after the show.

Moschino

Designer Jeremy Scott is never one to hesitate, and Moschino’s fall collection is just one of many proofs.  This collection used every color under the sun, which made for a very vibrant show.  The models looked like characters out of some sort of fashionable comic book.  Scott isn’t famous for his structurally complex silhouettes, but it’s his quirky twists on the basics that sustains Moschino’s notable wow factor.

Roberto Cavalli

Cavalli’s fall collection can be categorized as 70’s luxury.  This line also has a heavy concentration on outerwear, mainly fur and leather coats and jackets.  The pieces are a consistently earth-toned with rustic prints and patterns in an array of textures.  Cavalli’s fall collection was meant to be a come-back after an unsuccessful show last September, and designer Peter Dundas is content with the brand’s new direction.

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!