This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Disha Khopkar, Sophomore 

Age: 19

Hometown: Glen Allen, VA 

Majors: International Studies and Psychology

Minors: Global Education and Sociology

Relationship status: Single

Hobbies: Reading, writing, photography and sometimes sketching or painting. I also love to travel and try out new Pinterest recipes and crafts!

Favorite feel good food: Warm brownies and cold milk

What are you binge watching on Netflix? I’m already up to date on all of my shows and movies. But my favorites to repeat and watch over are ‘That 70’s Show’ and ‘Charmed’.

What’s your favorite thing about VCU?  I fell in love with the diversity and open minded compassion that the faculty has towards all of the students’ academic careers and personal journeys. I also love how each person here at VCU is proud to be a ‘ram’ and that we are all truly connected as a big family.

How are you involved on campus? I am in the Rho Beta chapter of the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority and part of the VCU Globe learning program. 

Favorite spot on campus: I’m torn between in front of the VCU letters, the ram horns and the infamous Cabell library. All hold such great memories of my life here at VCU.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  I see myself working as a possible Foreign Service Officer in either the counseling field or the public diplomacy field. Some type of government job that lets me see the world. 

Celebrity girl crushes: Lana Del Rey and Nina Dobrev

Pet Peeves:  Disrespect toward another culture or religion, disrespect of elders, hypocrticial behavior and when people focus on their phones when they’re with someone.

What do you look for in a significant other? Honest, passionate, kind, driven with his goals and intelligence beyond his studies. I’m in love with the idea of traditional romance and sentiments, someone who still gives me butterflies after our fifth coffee date and makes me feel wanted.

What is your all-time favorite quote? “To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Favorite song at the moment: ‘On My Mind’ by Ellie Goulding and ‘Hypnotic’ by Zella Day

What would you do if you won the lottery? I would use that money to help my parents pay off our house. I would make sure that they are financially stable and without any stress for all they have done for me. 

Ashley is a Senior at Virginia Commmonwealth University majoring in mass communications concentrating in print & online journalism. She is the Senior Editor for Her Campus at VCU and a member of the Society of Professional Journalists at VCU. She is an avid coffee drinker, dog lover and dreamer. She hopes to one day be a reporter for a newspaper, magazine, or an online version of the two.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!