Apply to be in Her Campus VCU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

You love reading Her Campus, but you want to know what goes on behind the scenes? Apply to be in Her Campus VCU!

We’re looking for dedicated and dependable collegiettes (and collegents!) to become a part of our editorial and PR/events teams this semester. Deadlines and attendance are a priority to us as a team. We like to have fun, but hard work comes first!

Do you love to write? Are you a great list-maker? Do you have a knack for finding GIFs and memes to fit any situation? Love photoblogging? Are you a style or beauty guru who’s itching to write about it? Apply for the editorial team! Responsibilities include:

• Publishing at least 10 pieces of original content per week (as a team)
  • Meeting weekly deadlines and attending weekly editorial meetings
  • Sending weekly report to editor of HC-related activity

Are you super organized? Great at planning events? Can you make connections with others students, orgs and businesses for HC? Are you a social media maven? Apply for the PR/events team! Responsibilities include:

• Creating, planning, publicizing and executing campus events and team events
  • Publicizing Her Campus VCU
  • Attending weekly team meetings
  • Sending weekly report to team leader

Things to know:

• Application is due Sunday, Jan. 25 no later than 11:59 p.m.
  • This year, we are conducting interviews following the application process. You will be notified whether or not you have received an interview by Tuesday, Jan. 27
  • Interviews will be held on Thursday, Jan. 29 and Friday, Jan. 30 and will last no more than 10 minutes
  • A writing sample is required to apply to the editorial team

Her Campus offers resume-building experience and is a networking opportunity. Apply to become a part of this growing team today!

Her Campus VCU application

Send any questions and inquiries to vcu@hercampus.com.

Sarah is from Lynchburg, Virginia but has lived in Richmond since attending Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012 where she studied Mass Communications with a concentration in print journalism. She began contributing to Her Campus at VCU as a freshman and was developed to lead the chapter as Campus Correspondent for two years where she increased membership by 65% and brought the chapter ranking from bronze level to platinum level. She enjoyed attending both the mid-atlantic conferences held with the chapter at the College of William & Mary and Her Conferences held in NYC.  Sarah currently works in the tech industry in marketing. She has a background in communications, hospitality and nonprofit consulting. She still loves attending VCU basketball games and also loves live music. In her free time, she likes going on long walks with her dog, tending to her house plants and cycling around downtown. Fun fact: she has never owned a car and is a community advocate for public transit. Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn.