freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Perks of Being a Single College Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

1.  We run our lives.

When a person is in a relationship, the focus is enevitably going to shift from me to us.  Realistically, compromises have to be made because no two people can agree on everything.  As a single girl, this isn’t a problem. 

Babe, can we watch the game instead of SCANDAL?

Absolutely not.

2.  We can be lazy.

Unless a girl has been with a guy for a significant amount of time, she still wants to look good even when they are just hanging out. We all want to make a good impression.  However, we don’t have this problem because we have no one to impress but ourselves.  Make up?  Hah.  Pants?  Nope.  Underwear?  Yes, but ony because there are windows and we don’t want to find a picture of our naked ass on the internet…

3.  We have more time on our hands.

Obviously yes, we all have a happy and commited relationship with pizza, but in all seriousness, non-romantic relationships are just as important as romantic ones.  Romantic relationships often require considerable devotion of time and affection.  As single girls, we have the option to invest this time else where.  Do you ever have the desire to binge watch Netflix?  Yeah, me too, every day of my life.  FYI, I follow through 100% of the time.

Babe, I feel like we don’t spend enough time together.

GTFO.

4.  We can play the field.

There’s something very liberating about knowing you can pretty much do whatever you want with whom ever you want at any time.  So, go ahead.  Linger when you are tipping the cute delivery boy, dance with multiple guys at the club and have no shame as you check out the hottie waiter when you are out to dinner with friends.

5.  We avoid the emotional roller coaster.

Relationships are hard work.  You have to give so much of yourself and sometimes your efforts aren’t even reciprocated.  You have to be sensitive to the other persons feelings and frankly, it takes more energy than I’m willing to sacrifice.  Who’s with me?

Babe, what’s our schedule like this week?

Just no.

6.  All our single friends love us.

All the single ladies, put your hands up because we are single and fabulous.  Our single friends understand the single struggle just as well as we do.  Chances are, you’ve had multiple coversations about how often men disappoint you and just as many about how much they make you feel all tingly inside.  While all our taken friends are out double dating,  we are cementing a life long bond.

7.  We are unstoppable.

This is our time girls.  The single college girl is the ultimate untamed woman.  We are unattattached, self-sufficent and savvy.  The possibilities are endless.

Gia is a Fashion Merchandising student at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!