10 Adorable Dorm Decorations for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

The leaves are falling, campus has turned into a sea of flannel and our beloved pumpkin spice latte has made a comeback. This can only mean one thing – fall is here! Fall is a month full of exciting things; perhaps the most exciting thing is Halloween coming up at the end of the month! Here are 10 cute dorm decoration ideas for Halloween to get you in the Halloween spirit!

1. Halloween Themed Window Clings

Widow clings are a Halloween classic; decorate your dorm window with some so people passing by can see your Halloween spirit!

2. Decorate Your Door

Your door is the first thing anyone sees when coming into your room, so why not make it Halloween themed? You can simply print pictures from the Internet and tape them up or you can go to the store and go crazy with Halloween decorations!

3. Halloween Themed Pillowcases

A cute and super easy idea to decorate your bed for Halloween! The options are limitless!

4. Candy Outside of Your Door

Get a cute jack-o’-lantern and fill it up with candy. You will make friends on your floor and be Halloween ready – sounds like a win-win to me!

5. Halloween Your Door Dec Up

If all out door decor isn’t your thing, just decorate your door dec! Print out Halloween pictures like pumpkins, ghosts or witches and pin them or tape them up on your door. It’s a simple, low cost way to jazz up any door dec!

6.  Candy Corn Jars

Candy Corn is a Halloween must-have so why not incorporate it in a decoration? Get some jars and candy corn then pour the candy corn into the jars. The result will be an easy Halloween decoration that doubles as a sweet treat!

7. DIY Black Cat String Lights

Most of us dorm residents already have string lights to brighten up our rooms; all you need now is some black construction paper and scissors to create this super cute kitty Halloween decor!

8. DIY Bat Wall Decor

All you will need for these cute wall critters is black construction paper, scissors and tape. Just take the scissors and cut the paper into bat-like shapes then tape them up anywhere you want — let your creativity flow. Super easy and super cheap!

9. Spider Webs

Want your room to have a scarier Halloween vibe? Fake spider webs are the decoration for you! Hang them up in the darkest corner of your room; you can even add fake plastic spiders to enhance the effect (just remember to hang them low enough so the fire marshals don’t bust you).

10. Pumpkin Solo Cups

Since carving real pumpkins in a dorm setting is a no, try this easy alternative: get orange solo cups, electric tea lights (candles are also a no) and a sharpie then decorate the cups with silly or scary faces! Place the cups over the tea lights and put them outside of your door or anywhere in your room. 

Happy decorating!

Ivy Kenton is a freshman student at Virginia Commonwealth University living in the enchanting city of Richmond, Virginia. Originally from Great Falls in Northern Virginia, she loves living in such a diverse city environment because its so different from the white picket fences she is used to. She is currently undecided but wants to pursue a degree in Mass Communications with a minor in music. She loves to sing, go on long nature walks, shop, her kitten and being around her amazing friends. After college her dream is to live in a big city with a job in public relations and to have singing as a hobby on the side. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!