Vandy Instagrams You Need To Follow: @jennliphotography

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.
As someone who spends a lot of time on Instagram, I’ve learned how to appreciate a quality Insta when I find it. When Jenn’s came up on my dash, I was immediately drawn in.

Jenn Li is a Vanderbilt junior studying Asian Studies and Corporate Strategy, but she also indulges her love for photography. She got into photography after trying out dance, but realizing it wasn’t for her. “I jumped to the other side of the stage and began taking photos…I started really loving it,” she said.

She quickly expanded her artistic reach to documenting her travels (New York! Shanghai! Jamaica!), #foodporn, capturing her friends in portraits, and photographing live music concerts.

“I still love doing performance photography the most,” she said—and it shows. My personal favorites from her collection are when she focuses the lens on the acts who come through Nashville.

She’s got beautiful shots of Ra Ra Riot, Moon Taxi, Capital Cites, and Young the Giant littering her Instagram. There’s hair whipping, sweat flying, veins popping, musicians playing their hearts out. Artists doing what they love, just like Jenn.

Jules Wilson

Vanderbilt

I'm a girl caught between being a Northerner and a Southerner, but currently residing in Music City. My dorm room is covered in tapestries from Bonnaroo, black and white photos of Paris, a Van Gogh painting-in-a-poster, blue and white christmas lights, and an array of Taylor Swift posters (she is queen). My dream is to write for Marie Claire magazine.  
Niina Kurki

Vanderbilt