This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Nashville has become a mecca for food enthusiasts everywhere, and my roommates and I are no exception. We discover new restaurants and hole-in-the-wall places that are scattered across the city all the time, and last week we added a new dessert place to our “favorite things” list. No Baked Cookie Dough just had its official opening a couple weeks ago on 28th Ave by Centennial Park. I was super excited to indulge myself with cookie dough, and without the threat of contracting salmonella, but I was a little disappointed by the menu.

Over spring break, I went to Manhattan with some friends, and we went to DŌ Cookie Dough Confections, where everything, ice cream and cookie dough, is priced by the scoop. Quick tip, I definitely recommend getting ice cream to help wash down the super sweet and dense dough. I was expecting the same menu style at No Baked, but the only ice cream option they have is a sundae, which is weirdly expensive just to add a scoop of ice cream and some hot fudge. Not even having the option to get ice cream to complement the cookie dough without doubling the price was quite the letdown, and I honestly considered stopping by Maggie Moo’s or Jeni’s.           

So while I loved the cookie dough and am excited for the many late night runs to get my sugar fix, I think No Baked should take a page from DŌ’s book and offer ice cream priced per scoop just as it does with the dough. 

Taylor Evans

Vanderbilt '19

Taylor is a Cincinnati native majoring in public health and English at Vanderbilt University. She loves rainy afternoons spent browsing Barnes and Noble, lazy walks through grocery stores, searching for funny and heart-warming stories on Twitter, and hours spent curled next to her two puggles with a coffee in hand. When she’s not in class, you'll probably find her listening to alternative tunes while scrolling through Pinterest.
Muna Ikedionwu

Vanderbilt '19

Muna is studying Medical Humanities & The Arts and Corporate Strategy at Vanderbilt University. She loves supporting small businesses, watching indie films on weekends, and can talk for hours about anything from the newest addition to her skincare routine to how the digitization of political news has changed society for the better. Her motto is "Be fearless. Be authentic. Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters."