The Best Food Network Binges

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.
For some reason, Food Network was always on the tv’s in the EstroGym when I was a freshman, but I didn’t work out there enough to figure out how to change the channel on the tv’s (or if it’s even possible). I’ve been a fan of cooking shows since the summer when I was 7 when my mom cancelled the cable in an attempt to get my brother and me to play outside more instead of watching tv. It didn’t work. I just watched horrible, cheesy cooking shows on PBS all day. I’ve refined my taste since then, and when I’m feeling tired of sitcoms and reality tv, Food Network can be a great way to mix it up. 

1. Chopped
It’s simply a classic. These chefs are good like 90% of the time. The other 10%, they’re failing miserably. Either way, Chopped is a fun show to watch and it’s available on Netflix! 

2. Cupcake Wars
Fun fact: Aaron Samuels from Mean Girls is now the host of this competition show. That’s right, you can watch a grown up version of the guy who looks sexy with his hair pushed back make awkward puns while bakers from across the country try to make dazzling cupcake displays out of weird ingredients. Cupcake Wars doesn’t require your full attention span, but it’s great for when you’re multitasking. Also available on Netflix!

3. Restaurant Impossible
This show is like the trifecta of good reality tv. Just enough meltdowns when one family member resists change, a touch of interior design when they remodel the space, and an amazing makeover transformation. Watch Robert Irvine take over failing restaurants and turn them around in only a few days.

Enjoy your binge watching!