13 Reasons Why Vanderbilt is the BEST

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

The stress of finals week often makes us forget how lucky we are to go to a school like Vanderbilt. So in the spirit of procrastination and Commodore pride, here are 13 reasons why our school is actually the best. 

1) It’s December, and yeah it’s cold now, but we actually hit 70 for a second. That’s pretty awesome. 

2) Like country music? You can line dance at Wild Horse, sing karaoke music at Lonnie’s, and get your fan on at the CMA’s. 

3) Campus is actually gorgeous. Like how is this even possible??? 

4) Our stadium might be lacking, but our tailgates are most certainly not. 

5) The Commons provides the coolest freshman year experience in the country… even if your VUcept group sucked. 

6) You are almost guaranteed to see at least one country music star during your time at Vanderbilt. 

7) Spring Break can be so much more than just drinking and PCB. ASB & Manna offer awesome experiences that can transform any student’s experience at Vanderbilt. 

8) But if you like PCB, there are plenty of chances to get there. Especially at frat formals. Which are awesome. 

9) Restaurants like Chuy’s and Zumi are on the card, making date night for broke college students a breeze. 

10) We have Barry’s here. And Pure Barre. And Hot Yoga Plus. Oh, and our classes at the Rec are pretty decent (Hardcore anyone???). 

11) Everyone is so. freaking. talented. 

12) Our education school is #1, our hospital is one of the most highly regarded in the country, and just going to Vanderbilt as an undergraduate gives you an automatic leg up in the job market. 

13) And while we might not win every football game, getting to sing our Alma Mater after a Commodore victory is probably the coolest thing in the world. ANCHOR DOWN, Y’ALL! 

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.