That Time of The Month: Period Probz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Mother Nature. We just love her so much. Not only do we love her for the beautiful flowers that blossom every spring or for the way she helped us blossom into the beautiful flowers we are today, but we love her for all the great things she creates. Yet, we all just can’t thank her enough when she comes around that one time a month with a present.

The Week Before

So if bleeding for a week straight wasn’t bad enough, we have to endure a preview a whole week before. A week before we actually get our periods we notice that we are angry for no reason at all; we can be happy one minute and completely enraged with anger the next! We don’t understand what is going on or caused all this anger! Was it the gigantic pimple that just appeared overnight? Or was it because our friend didn’t reply to our text message yet opened our Snapchat?

The Sixth Sense

Ever doubted the idea that females have a sixth sense? Well just like physics can predict the future, our beautiful girls, also known as “boobs”, can predict when our periods are about to start. They will start to feel tender, heavy, and no matter what bra we wear they just will not stay put! We may hope that this pain means our boobs are just enlarging into another cup size, but Mother Nature soon disappoints; it’s just our period.

The Surprise

After coming home from our morning classes and lunch with the pals, we just can’t wait to get into our comfy bed and enjoy the rest of our day. Before we make it there, we take a quick bathroom break because that detox smoothie we had for lunch is doing its magic! Just as we have taken a seat on the toilet, we soon get an unpleasant surprise: our new Victoria’s Secret panties we got for a bargain during the semi-annual sale are ruined! We quickly soak them in cold water, just praying that they can be saved! Hence, a week of utterly inferno begins.

The Cravings

We finished our paper and decided to stop by Wal-Mart to get some chocolate and ice cream that should make up for the craziness of today! While at Wal-Mart we wander off and get lost looking at some red velvet cake, then we eye some already prepared fried chicken. We happily go to the cashier ready to pay for our chocolate, ice cream, cake, fried chicken and let’s not forget, tampons. The cashier gives us the “I understand you” look we have completed our first day!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.