Review: Milani 2-in-1 Foundation and Concealer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The Milani 2-in-1 Foundation and Concealer is all the rage in the YouTube world which means I’m completely obsessed with getting my hands on it and trying it out for myself. This new foundation claims to be light weight, medium to full coverage, and also water resistant. I mean, who wouldn’t want to try it out then, and for only $9.99? I’m sold!

I YouTubed a couple reviews prior to purchasing it and almost everyone had good things to say. So, I bit the bullet and purchased it. I had finally gotten my hands on a bottle from my local Wal-Mart where it actually runs for only $8.97. You can’t beat that with a stick, and it has a pretty good color range. I was so excited to try it out.

Instead of trying it right when I purchased it, I decided to wait till I went to this huge event to try it out. That was my biggest mistake. To my dismay this “amazing” 2-in-1 foundation and concealer was nothing like I had hoped it would be. It was nowhere near light weight. Instead it was so unbelievably thick that I could barely blend it out. Well, I couldn’t do much blending because as soon as the product touched my face it immediately began to burn severely. I ran to get my makeup wipes to remove it (which was also pretty hard to come off). I sat there scrubbing my face with those makeup wipes, and then proceeded to wash my face. By this time, my face was red and raw.

After all of this, I had to sit with a cold rag on my face to try and cool my face. I had an event to go to, so I slapped one of my holy grail foundations on and kept stepping. I was not done with that foundation by any means. Later that night when I got back home I decided to YouTube a couple more videos, and surprisingly a lot of people were complaining about this rash that it had given them. Some received the rash immediately and some received it their second time applying. I knew I was returning it.

So, if you have sensitive skin like me, I wouldn’t dare try this product out. Keep your $8-$10 and use it for something else. This foundation will only cause you issues. I dealt with my rash under my eyes for about 2-3 days, but it finally cleared up. So beware!

HCXO

Hillary Griffin is a Business Marketing major and Advertising and Promotions minor at Valdosta State University. She is a 4'11, natural haired girl with a love for all things makeup. Experiencing life the right way is her main goal in life.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.