Campus Cutie Haley Wassom ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet Haley, a stunning and kind hearted RA in Brown Hall! She enjoys fashion, modeling, and empowering women. If you haven’t had the opportunity to meet her yet, here’s your first chance to learn a little bit about her!

Full Name: Haley Elizabeth WassomHometown: Suwanee, GAClassification: JuniorZodiac Sign: AquariusRelationship Status: SingleMajor: Marketing

HC: What made you choose VSU?

Haley: The campus is beautiful. I loved the palm trees and the whole atmosphere. I also thought the campus offered a lot of diversity, which I like. It is also 4 hours away from where I live, so its far but not too far.

HC: What organizations are you involved in at VSU? 

Haley: I am in the sorority Phi Mu and an RA in Brown Hall, which I love! So, that pretty much takes up all my extra time. I am also a part Element X Print Models.

HC: What do you want to do with your major, and why? 

Haley: Something in fashion. I want to be in charge of a brand or company, something like that. Whatever I do, I want to be the best at it.HC: How would you describe yourself?

Haley: Opinionated, Caring, Trustworthy, Silly: A Queen!HC: What are your favorite things to do?

Haley: Be with my friends and just talk about everything. I love Bravo shows, all the Real Housewives series. I love makeup! I also love to just sit somewhere and people watch.HC: What are you passionate about?

Haley: Empowering women. Being in Phi Mu, the sisterhood aspect of it really moved me: women working together, supporting each other and helping the community. Brown Hall is an all female freshman hall. I jumped at the opportunity to be apart of it. For me, I saw it as a chance to work with younger girls, inspire them and instill confidence. Women are constantly shown false images and portrayals of what we should be, how we should look, how we should act. I think it is very stifling and that no girl should ever be “put in a box” of something to conform to. So, I strive to be a positive role model by just being confident with myself. I tell my girls (residents), that the only thing they need to be is happy with themselves. With Element X, it is a group (predominately) of women. We all have different looks and backgrounds, and I think that is great. The pictures get to capture us as being who we are and being proud of it.

HC: How do you like to spend your spare time?

Haley: I really like pop culture, for whatever reason. So, I’m always in the know of what is going on in celebrities lives. I basically just like to just hangout and watch movies as well.HC: What’s your dream date?

Haley: I’ve honestly never thought about it. I’m a very simple girl when it comes to dates. If he wants to go to Popeye’s or McDonald’s, that’s cool with me. As long as I’m treated respectfully, all of that other stuff is just extra.HC: What qualities do you look for in a guy?

Haley: Confidence, not arrogance. Someone that doesn’t care what our generations norms are and does what he thinks is right. A man that is passionate about something. Physicality wise: tall 6ft & up and strong.HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

Haley: At the moment, Charlie Hunnam

HC: What is your favorite food? 

Haley: Fried chicken and mashed potatoes. I’m a southern girl!HC: What has been your most embarrassing moment in college so far?

Haley: Not much, thank goodness. However, I did fall walking up the stairs in West Hall. I just took my sweet time getting back up and acted like it’s awesome to fall in front of people.Make sure to say hey when you see Haley on campus and you can follow her on Instagram: queen_haleybelle!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
Her Campus at Valdosta State.