Campus Celebrity Jennifer Dandron ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Jennifer is a very talented, smart, and hard working young lady! I was given the opportunity to meet her when she was my Honors College mentor my freshman year. Jennifer was so much help to me, and a great friend. Here’s your chance to meet her!

Name: Jennifer Dandron

Age: 21

Class: Senior

Major: Mass Media and Political Science

Hometown: Lincolnton, GA

What organizations are you involved in here at VSU?

Honors Student Association, Model United Nations, Phi Kappa Phi, Alpha Lambda Delta

Tell me about your role with the honors college:

I am a student assistant at the Honors College. My responsibilities cover a wide range of things. I am the social media chair, meaning most of the things posted on the Honors College social media page are done so by me. Along with social media, I handle the normal clerical duties (such as answering phones, filing paperwork, so on and so forth). I also help coordinate all the events we host (like movie nights, focus groups, etc.) and handle all the details regarding them.

What internships have you participated in?

I’ve completed two internships and am currently involved in another one. Fall 2013 I interned at the Valdosta/Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce as the multi-media specialist. This past summer, I interned in the office of U.S. Senator Johnny Isakson in Washington, DC, working with his press staff. Both internships were invaluable experiences!

Are you involved in any internships currently?

I am currently participating in a research internship with Dr. Mandi Bailey, a political science professor. I am co-authoring a paper with her, which has been submitted for presentation and hopefully publication, entitled Social Media and Minority Interests: A Content Analysis of U.S. Senator Twitter Activity.

What do you want to pursue after graduation?

As it stands, I don’t have any solidified plans for post-graduation life. I’ve considered several options, however. I’ve been looking at graduate schools for a masters or a PhD in international security. I am also considering going straight into the work force in something media related, perhaps becoming a news producer for a local news station.

How do you practice time management? Any tips?

I am extremely busy, so time management is so important. Between taking 17 hours of upper level courses, working at the Honors College, working for Metro 17 every other week, doing my internship, and being VP of two active clubs, and a host of other things (like having a personal life) I really have to manage my time well. My planner is my life, basically. If I don’t write something down, I more than likely won’t do it. Each day I make a to-do list of things that I need to get done and things I want to get done. Then, I prioritize the list based on each item’s timeliness. It’s not a fool proof method because sometimes I get distracted and you can’t plan for everything (unfortunately), but it has proven to be effective for me so hopefully it can be to other people as well!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
Her Campus at Valdosta State.