This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hey Ladies, I am here to give you my opinion on Nontraditional Goal.  All of our lives, we Women have seen girls/women in TV shows or books, all reach their “Ultimate Goal.” And that goal is always something like getting married to some handsome guy and having 2.5 perfect kids in a house with a white picket fence. That’s great for some people, but the media need to stop showing us Women what they think we all dream of and one day hope for as a “Happy Ending.”There are women who ultimate goal is to be a World Renown Journalist or The CEO of their own company. It’s not everyone goals to become someone’s Wife or Mother, and I feel like that on a personal level.

For the last few years, my future goals have not included children or a husband. My final goal in life is to do something I LOVE and get paid for it. I dream to be able to live comfortably, pay off all my debts, and buy anything my parents want or need. After I accomplish those things, I want to adopt kids as a single person because I’m still not sure marriage is something I want. After having these conversations with my mom, she always says I’m going to want to be married and carry my kids one day, and she’s right people change. But, right now that’s not what I’m aiming for in life, and if marriage or something happens on the way to my REAL goal in life, then I’ll accept it. But one thing I’m not going to do is conform to society’s “Traditional” Goals for Women, and be judged by the choices I makeSo if you have Goals that might seem ludicrous to others, but amazing to you, aim for that goal!

Ketorah Frazier

Valdosta '20

Ketorah is a First Year Sociology Graduate Student at Valdosta State University. Ketorah loves to watch WWE, The Walking Dead, and Broad City. She also enjoys being a room with nothing but music playing, new and old. When she’s not doing that, you can catch her playing her PS4, and talking on the phone with her family and friends. Post-graduation, she plans to pursue a career in Victim Services, and plans to open up her own Non-Profit Organization for ALL Victims of crimes, such as domestic and sexual abuse.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.