yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

8 Fashion Staples You Should Try This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Fall is well under way and here in Valdosta it can be a bit of a hassle with the constant drastic changes in temperature. Here are a few fashion staples you should try when it is weather approriate to layer up!

1. Knee-high socks

Knee-highs look great when paired with a cute skater skirt or a pair of high-waisted shorts and ankle boots. I think these gems are the perfect touch to a fall outfit to make it look chic, while keeping your legs stylishly warm!

2. Fedoras

Usually these are worn in spring or summer, but who knew fedoras could be so transitional! Fedoras are kind of like the icing on the cake. They can really pull an outfit together and add a nice touch when you need that pop of color or stylish flare. Fedoras come in many styles and sizes, so find the one that really makes your outfit stand out!

3. Fur Vests

Faux fur vests have really made a splash this year. Now, this article of clothing can literally be worn ANY way. How you style your vest is totally up to you, which is the fun of it all! Fur vests go great with dresses or a nice pair of jeans. They come in a wide variety of colors, lengths and styles. Whatever you choose to do with your vest, you will not go unnoticed. Talk about being un-fur-gettable! 

4. Knitted Headbands

Who says you can be cute and cozy? Knitted headbands double as a fashion statement and a way to keep warm. Some come with bows, buttons, or even diamond designs. Pick your poison!

5. Boot Socks

A very simple style statement that peeks over the top of your boots and says so much. Boot socks are another piece of clothing that can really tie an outfit together.

6. Tights

Tights are SO much fun. You can play around with them, as they come in many different designs. Tights are definitely a fun way to show who you are and your sense of style. Just be careful to avoid getting runs in them!

7. Oversized Sweaters

Oversized sweaters are clutch for those days you want to be cute yet comfy! Wear them as sweaters or buy them big enough to wear as a dress! This is a slouchy but also adorable way to step on the scene.

8. Boyfriend Jeans

Every girl should own a pair of these! They are the perfect pair of jeans for those days you don’t feel like battling with your pants to get in them. Boyfriend jeans are loose, comfortable and fashionable, all at once! Dress them down with a pair of sneakers or dress them up with a killer pair of pumps and a blazer. Very relaxed, yet fashion forward.

HCXO!

I'm Felicia Burnett! I am a sophomore at Valdosta State University. My major is Exercise Physiology but I have a deep passion for writing!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.