jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Signs Your Brother Is The Most Important Man In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Having a brother makes life so much better. You know that regardless of the circumstance he will have your back. He’ll teach you many things in life from respecting yourself as a young lady to changing a car tire. A brother becomes your backbone during a heartbreak and a body guard pretty much throughout your whole life. Here are five signs that your brother is the most important man in your life.  

1.He makes you feel protected.   

Your brother’s love tends to rub off on you. An unlike any other love, this is the type of love that makes you feel both complete and safe. 

2. He’s your best friend.  

There’s this bond that is unbreakable between you and your brother. Growing up side by side and being able to share childhood memories that only you two understand not only  solidifies your blood relationship but creates a friendship. You can both count on each other for an evening of great laughs and to be there whenever you need each other. 

3. He’s your support system. 

Your brother is one of your biggest fans. Your success is his success and he will motivate you for greatness and never allow you to settle for anything less than you deserve. You may feel as if his standards are too high, but there only high because he sees the greatness in you that you lack to see in yourself Whenever you succeed you know for sure he will be the proudest person.  

4. He gives you a shoulder to cry on  

No matter how tough your brother appears to be, no matter how many boys your brother will make threats to and scare off, your heart is his number one priority. Heartbreaks are part of life and when your heart gets broken, the words “I told you so” will never come out of your brothers mouth. Instead he will be there to hear your cries and lend a shoulder to hold you up and teach you how to love yourself and differentiate between good and bad men.  

5. Unconditional love 

Your brother isn’t only there for your triumphs, but he is also there for you during your failures. Whether your failures consist of not being able to pass a test your studied so hard for or just making an ordinary mistake, your brother will be there. Just like you, your brother has watched you grow into the young lady you are today, so although you might not be able to realize it, he recognizes your growth. 

Sometimes the only man a girl can depend on is her brother and this is perfectly fine. There is no better man for this job than him.  

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.