His Campus: 4 Reasons Why We Love Our Men

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Although girls run the world, we never want to exclude guys for brightening our days on occasion! Some of us are indeed independent and not necessarily on the market for a significant other, but we appreciate the little things men do for us! I’ll admit that of the billions of guys on earth, no two are alike. Men, this is why we love each and every one of you!

1. Our Exterminator 

You take time from watching a really intense play-off game to come kill a spider we’re too afraid to kill ourselves. Without you, we’d probably pack up and move out. Having to kill a bug is practically a girl’s worst nightmare, and if we can’t sleep then neither can you! If the world existed without you, we’d all be doomed.

2. Our Baggage Claim

Those Sunday afternoons we take a trip to Wal-Mart and Publix to go grocery shopping, you have the decency to carry the bags in the house. Of course, we offer to take the bag with the bread and eggs, but you tackle the entire job in one trip. What’s better than seeing you carrying all those bags and catching those muscles glisten all while anticipating a meal at the end of the night? Exactly, nothing!

3. Our Superman

Teaching us the basics of survival, like how to jump start a car or change screws on something that’s broken instead of just super gluing it back together. (And who else would’ve installed our ceiling fan?!) Yet and still, we know that you might not always be there to take care of these things. But don’t worry, we remembered it all! You taught us how to handle the situation in case the day comes where we have to play Superwoman (which we all know is practically every day!).

4. Our Backbone

You respect us and show us that we are queens, goddesses and one of the most important factors in your everyday lives. This matters the most to us. And of course, we will always appreciate the love and caring nature you show to take care of us. So thank you to all the fathers, brothers, uncles, boyfriends, best friends and husbands for being the amazing men you are and aspire to be! I mean, of course we love you! What’s a Queen without her King?

Valdosta State University senior, majoring in Public Relations with a minor in African-American studies.  Food connoisseur, beauty sleep expert, binge watching aficionado, and avid art consumer. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.