10 TV Shows We Wish Would Return

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.
It’s Saturday night. You have no date, all your friends are busy, and there’s a gallon of ice cream in the freezer with your name on it. The only thing left to do is occupy your time with a little TV. Too bad there’s nothing on! At a time when the Kardashian’s rule reality television and the standard of being a good wife is glorified by marrying a pro basketball player, TV just isn’t the same! Here’s why we came up with ten TV shows we desperately wish would return.

10. Martin – A couple that jokes together, stays together. Martin and Gina’s comedic love gave us laughs and quotes that left us feeling cheated when the show was cancelled after just three short seasons. Mostly because we were left wondering if Tommy really had a job or not.

9. One Tree Hill – Between boyfriend stealing best friends, the dreaded social pecking order, death, and teenage pregnancies, One Tree Hill proved to be one of the more realer depictions of what high school is really like.

8. The Hills – The Laguna Beach spin-off provided drama for six years that left us all guessing by the series finale if it had all been real or fake. Honestly we’ll take it either way. We just want more Brody Jenner! 

7. Sister, Sister – Tia and Tamera dominated the 90’s making us all wish we had a had a twin.

6. All That – All That was our very own adolescent version of Saturday Night Live. The comedy birthed actors like Kenan Thompson, Kel Mitchell, Amanda Bynes, and Nick Cannon notably from the Good Burger, Judge Trudy, and LaTanya sketches. 

5. Daria – Sometimes the glass is half empty, a lot of times we want to see the perky cheerleader fall flat on her face, and anytime is a good time for sarcasm. The MTV animated series poked fun at the social norm and helped us get in tune with our inner cynic. Thanks Daria!  

4. That’s So Raven – She saw the future and usually fixed the problem. However, it was the calamity behind Raven’s disguises and hesitant help from her friends and family that made it Disney’s highest rating show of all time.  

3. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air – Known for his rebellious attitude and innovative style, Will Smith had to have been the luckiest guy on Earth to get sent to live with his rich aunt and uncle as a form of punishment. We enjoyed the mischief he got into and the equally clever way he managed to get out of it. But most importantly we miss the theme song that you can’t help but finish once it starts. 

2. Boy Meets World – We have Cory and Topanga to thank for our hopeless romantic fantasy of living happily ever after with the boy we first met in the sandbox. Fourteen years later, the series is being picked back up with their twelve-year-old daughter navigating through life much like her parents did.

1. Lizzie McGuire – We miss you, girl! Lizzie had us all wishing we had an alter ego that could scream out our most inner thoughts without getting the side eye. We journeyed with her all the way to the end of junior high and were elated when Disney followed the series finale with a movie. Hopefully Gordo’s long-lived position in the friendzone throughout the years taught guys a valuable lesson. Sometimes good things come to those who wait. 

Her Campus at Valdosta State.