nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Things Every Girl Needs In Her Suitcase For Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

We all want a vacation with amazing memories and with amazing friends.  We want a place to go where all our troubles seem so tiny and our hearts feel so full. Spring break is supposed to be about remembering (or not remembering) how good your skin felt as the sun kisses it,  sipping your favorite fruity drinks,  and dancing with nothing but sand between your toes. Midterms are in the books, so lets get into gear and hit paradise! So here are a few essentials you’ll need for your ultimate spring vacation.

1. A stylin’ pair of sunglasses

No girl should go somewhere warm and sunny without a hot pair of sunglasses that make you feel sexy and fashionable. Also, these things are mandatory when you’re trying to hide from the guy who won’t stop wanting to dance with you.

2. A sexy and sophisticated swimsuit

Show off what you got! Wear something that makes you feel good about yourself. If you don’t feel comfortable in teeny tiny bikini, a one piece is just as sexy! Every girl deserves to show off her beauty and have fun while doing it.  Even get a cute kimono to wear around yourself so you can dress your swimsuit up a bit.

3. Tanning oil/sunscreen

Ladies, this is so important. Your skin loves to soak up that vitamin D, but also take care of it while doing so. Your skin wants to enjoy your vacation just as much as you do. SPF 30 is the best for making sure your burn don’t get too burnt and SPF 15 Banana Boat tanning oil is the best for wanting that awesome tan but making sure your skins stays clear of too much damage. Lather up!

4. A good playlist

Music is the key to a great spring break vacation, and having a good playlist will be an excellent start! Find music that makes you happy and feel alive. Whether your listening to it on the airplane or while you are lying out by the pool, it can be great for helping you get in that carefree spirit. Here are a few song ideas:

Geronimo – Sheppard

Sun Shy – Dresses

Lisztomania – Phoenix

Gold Rays – Vinyl Rays

Beware The Dog – The Griswolds

Final Song – MO

Dreaming – Smallpools

Like We Did (Windows Down) – The Maine

5. Your favorite dress/tank/shorts/hat

Your favorite outfits are key to looking and feeling good about yourself. Show off the latest trends. You can never go wrong with a cute dress that shows off your curves. A trendy shirt and rockin’ shorts can really bring out your spring break fever.  A hat of course is always essential for looking like a queen, as you lay on the beach or out by the pool in your awesome swimsuit.

6. A beach towel

Whether it’s a cheap towel you found in the back of your closet or a cute one you just  picked up from target, a beach towel is necessary for a great day at the beach. Besides the sun, it is your one supporter in helping you get the tan you always wanted.

7. Flip flops/sandals

Footwear is also a very important item you’ll need for your ultimate vacation. Find a pair of flip-flops that are cheap and that you feel comfortable in. You should always have one pair for lounging around and a pair of cute sandals for going out with your gal pals. Old Navy has the best and most affordable ones with a lot of colors to choose from to match that perfect outfit.

8. A beach bag

From putting all your items for the beach in or even using it as a going out on the town bag, a beach bag is also very essential for making sure your things are organized and ready to go.

Just a 5'4" independent and free spirited woman, easily inspired and always smiling. While I'm not on here spilling all my thoughts and writing my heart out, I thoroughly enjoy drawing, blogging, adventuring and of course dancing around in my underwear and eating mac and cheese. It's the simple things in life that truly make me who I am. I currently reside in Milwaukee, Wisco and inspire to be a pediatric nurse.