5 Ways To Stay Motivated Until Graduation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

Remind Yourself Of Your Goals

It is important to keep your goals in mind. You have not come all this way in school and life to give up now! Graduation is coming close for everyone and now is not the time to forget what you are doing and lose motivation. Keep a list of goals and cross them off as you go. There is nothing more satisfying than crossing that complicated project off your list. Remind yourself you can do this.

Don’t Be Too Hard On Yourself

Not to be Miley Cyrus, but everybody makes mistakes…and everybody has those days. But don’t let that get you down. A bad grade on a test or paper will not be the end of the world. The harder you are on yourself the harder it is going to be to make it through the rest of the semester. Kick the negative thoughts out and be happy you’ve made it this far!

Give Yourself Breaks

Senior year is not all about spending all of your time at the library or working on homework till the sunrises. Although it is an extremely important part, give yourself a break! Go out for a night with your friends. Have a couple drinks or go to a party. This is your last semester of college, don’t let the time pass you buy and you regret spending all your time with your face in books studying.

Eliminate Distractions, Don’t Procrastinate

When it comes time for homework, put the cell phone down! Our phones and computers and TV’s can be such bad distractions while trying to accomplish an assignment. Turn off your phone or put it on do not disturb so you can get your homework done. The quicker you get your homework done, the more time you have to relax and worry about the other important things going on in your life.

Don’t Worry, Be Happy

Graduation is approaching! You have come so far in life and have been waiting for this moment for at least four years. Do not let the stress of school and work get you don’t when you are in the home stretch. Surround yourself with your best friends and don’t let anyone put you down. You are almost to the end… whether you move onto work or grad school, you are at the finish line and there is no reason to stop now!

Just a small town girl from Illinois eager to jump into a big world. A UWM student studying Communication with a minor in Journalism and Media Studies. Once I see what I want, I will not stop until I get it. I love everything from being outside in the middle of nowhere to being smack dab in the center of a big city. I am very passionate, hard working, talkative, and thoughtful. I am always down for great adventures and I am excited to see where living in Milwaukee takes me!