This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

A month ago I chopped roughly four inches off of my hair. I had been talking about it for months and when I showed all of my friends they loved it! Whether your hair is curly, straight, or wavy I believe these styling tips will help tremendously! I hope that will inspire those of you with and without short hair. I recommend looking on Pinterest to find other new ways to style your short hair. These are my top three favorite ways to style my short hair during the week.

1. All Down

The easiest way for me to wear my hair is all down. I straighten it every morning before I leave so that it looks the same every day. Some people can curl their hair, but I have yet to try that. I highly recommend headbands! I wear the wide, fabric headbands. They are so comfortable and don’t press on your head. Another strong recommendation is barrettes. I’ve only used my barrettes twice, but it was functional and looked cute for busy days on campus. Barrettes are also great for the half-up/half-down look as well.

2. Half-up/half-down

The barrettes help pull back hair that I can’t fit into a hair tie. When I do use a hair tie for this look, I normally pull the hair tie lower than normal so that the top of my head looks even. When I wear a hat, this is the look I go for. I can wear the hat and still pull my hair back at the same time. This gives me a chance to reminisce of my longer hair days. I also twistthe ponytail inside itself to make my hair look different. This also gives different heights to my hair (Since there are no layers).The twist can dress-up this half-up/half-down look paired with earrings and a necklace!

3. All Back

The all-back look is difficult for me to pull off. My hair goes back into an inch-long nub which my friends think is the cutest thing ever! Anyone can work this look well. It just takes practice as your new hairstyle will have strands of hair falling that weren’t falling before. This is where headbands can play a huge role. You can pull your hair all the way up (including the back that continues to fall out) and add one of the fabric headbands. Then, all of your hair will stay up! I also love using barrettes to keep all of my hair up. It is easy to do and can be hidden easily.

I am a senior at the University of West Georgia studying Mass Communications concentrating on Digital Media and Telecommunications. My minor is in English literature. I hope to become a content creator once I graduate this December!