sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Spend Valentine’s Day as A Single Pringle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

t’s the year 2018. Valentine’s Day is coming up and you’re dreading it because it’s yet another year you don’t have a significant other… Does this sound relatable? If so, just know that you’re not alone. Valentine’s Day can be difficult for a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. Gladly, the day isn’t just reserved for lovers. So don’t retreat to your bed with a tube of ice-cream. Read on for 5 ways to spend Valentine’s Day as a single person.

1. Catch a movie: you can go to the movie theater, buy some candy and a  big bucket of popcorn (that you don’t have to share ;), and watch a movie – preferably not a chick-flick so your movie party doesn’t turn into a pity party. Alternatively, you can watch a movie at home from the comfort of your couch.

Photo by Karla Alexander on Unsplash

2. Pamper Night: it’s time to use that bath bomb that you haven’t used yet, because this is the night for you to pamper yourself. So take a bubble bath, listen to some chill music, and that yourself to some chocolate.

3. Dance party: because why not? Blast your favorite jams (maybe put in some earbuds…), and dance around your room like there’s no tomorrow.

Photo by ZACHARY STAINES on Unsplash

4. Hang with friends: while some of your friends may be out with their SO, maybe you have a few other friends that are single. So go to a basketball game, eat dinner together, or just talk about how excited you are that Black Panther is coming out soon (I know I’m excited).

5. Have a photoshoot: gather a friend or two, go out to a cool spot around town, and take some pictures! It’s a fun way to bond with friends and take your mind off of school, etc.

Photo by Kyle Sterk on Unsplash

Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be a dreaded day for single folk. Get out and do something fun! And whatever you do, for your sake, please don’t get on social media.

Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.