7 Accessories That Will Make You Stand Out!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Accessories are equally important to the clothes when you’re creating a look. They can define your own personal style and show who you are! There are so many different types and styles out there you can try out, here are just a few!

A watch

Wearing a watch is useful and totally cute! You can check the time without checking your phone, and it’s a cute addition to any outfit! There are many different styles, colors, and sizes available out there you could try.

Hair accessories

There are many different types of hair accessories you can wear. Headbands and bandana’s are fashionable and keep hair out of your face. I never know when I’ll want to put my hair up, so i always keep a hair tie or scrunchie on my wrist, it’s also a cute look too, that looks like a bracelet.

Earrings

If you have your ears pierced you can accessorize any look with earrings! If you’re wearing something simple you could pair your outfit with some statement earrings to add something to your look. If you’re getting dressed up you could wear something simple but classy such as diamond/crystal or pearl studs, or some classic hoops are always cute.

Pins and Patches

You could add pins or patches to your clothes and/or other accessories, such as shoes or bags, to decorate the item and add personalize it with your style. When you add the pins or patches yourself you can pick exactly how you want to customize your item!

A hat

Hats are so cute and perfect for a bad hair day (or good). They also come in many different styles and shapes so you can find one to fit your own unique style!

Necklaces

A necklace looks cute with any outfit. Choker necklaces are very trendy right now and so they’re easy to find at stores, it’s a really cute necklace style. You could also try a necklace with a pendant that fits your personality style.

A go-to bag

Having a go-to bag is an essential! It’s important because you need somewhere to keep your phone, wallet, chapstick, and whatever else you may need, or just throw in your bag. For going to school or work a tote bag is perfect for holding a lot of stuff and is big enough to fit a planner and/or a notebook.

I hope some of these gave you ideas on how to accessorize your next look!

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.