kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Do’s and Don’ts of Summer Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Every summer my style goes downhill. After a long semester of dressing up I decide to give myself a break and not care how I dress. Cue the tragically monochromatic outfits and wearing the same dress at least three times a week. Whether you are working or just relaxing—there are some guidelines we should all vow to follow this summer:

DO

-Embrace bright colors and prints

-Have confidence in yourself and your body and wear what makes you feel good

-Experiment with new trends you’ve been too scared to try

-Maintain a professional appearance at your summer internship or job

-Invest in a comfortable, sturdy pair of flip flops

DON’T

-Wear unzipped shorts over your swimsuit

-Get lazy and wear the same outfit every day (yes, this one is directed to myself)

-Wear bulky, uncomfortable, or warm clothing. (It’s summer. We don’t have time for that.) 

-Spend too much money on new summer clothes

-Forget to have fun with your style

Have a great summer!

Abigail is a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. She is majoring in Retail Merchandising and Management with a concentration in Fashion Marketing and has a double minor in Business Administration and Spanish. Aside from being a Style Writer for Her Campus, she is involved with Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU) and Street Level Ministries. In her spare time she enjoys collecting art, watching Hallmark movies with family and friends, and going on adventures. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout