8 Secretly Gross Things All Girls Do

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Girls are gross. I’m a girl and I’ll admit it, we aren’t as clean and collected as we come off to be. Although we still consider our hygiene to be superior to men’s, we aren’t much better. We are human and humans aren’t perfect. Here are some embarrassingly weird and gross things that girls partake in, sometimes proudly, and other times a little guiltily.  

We stay in our towels wayyy too long after we shower

Being naked doesn’t stop us from sitting on the couch while scrolling through our phone

Sometimes when we eat, food falls in crazy places

I don’t know how or why it happens but it does. The other day I found a pizza roll in my purse.

We have the amazing ability to look either fabulously beautiful or horribly disfigured in Snapchats

Although you run the risk of getting screenshotted, it’s still a gift. 

Explaining in great detail to our friends the progress of our periods

When it comes to period details, we don’t hold back. We own that. 

We get weird when we are alone 

Being alone gives us free range to release our inner gross. Dry shaving our legs on the couch? Not a problem. Clipping our toenails and not throwing them away? No one will know. 

We hate wearing bras and if we can, we will avoid wearing them

Why be uncomfortable and sad when you can be comfortable and happy?

We would do anything for our friends, even if it’s totally gross

Sure I will itch your boob while your driving. Of course, I will check to see if you have a booger. It’s all, good we’d do anything for our friends…well almost. 

When we go #2 in public and we want our friend to know because we are kind of proud 

It is an undeniably successful feeling.

Even though we women have some odd tendencies, we are still queens and we will stand by that until the end. 

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout