This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Cabin fever has set in and I have found myself happily leaving all my fur jackets and wool socks at home. We have reached the season where people are getting excited for the warm to set back in again to rid them of their pasty winter skins. The best part about spring is that it is not too hot like summer, where we desperately have to find clever ways to pretend like we aren’t sweating, and it isn’t too chilly either. It’s the perfect weather for cheering up the soul. Before you go spring shopping, here is a little inspiration for your closet. 

Scalloped Skirt and Stripes

I am loving the way this petite look wraps together. From the dusty-rose colored skirt, casual striped t-shirt, and beige strappy flats, this look has got all the sophistication of a job interview wrapped in a lunch date with the girls. 

Button-Downs

In case you haven’t heard, loose fitting button-downs are all the rage right now. They are perfectly light and airy enough to wear in warmer weather, yet they are modest as well. To sexy it up a little bit, open the first couple buttons and wear a delicate necklace. 

Sundress and Denim

Too chilly for those shoulders? No worries, just toss on your denim button down and some chic boots and you are good to go!

Ankle Pants

I am loving the way this trend turned out. Turn any blouse into a brunch perfect outfit with these elegant ankle pants. 

Bright Maxi Skirts

Allow yourself to go all out this spring with a bright colored maxi skirt. Pair it with a fun top and some wedges and you are ready to face the season accordingly! 

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout