The Ultimate Warm Weather Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

There is officially less than one month left of classes, and I couldn’t be feeling any less motivated now that the weather is beautiful (beach, please).  Truthfully, I even got a bit lazy when writing this article… I mean, it’s literally just a list of songs.  However, it’s an awesome list that will surely help you finish this semester off strong, and maybe give you a few ideas for amping up your playlist!

1.) “Time to Run” by Lord Huron This is a really fun song to sing because it’s so upbeat.  Whenever I hear it, my mood automatically improves.  This song is off Lord Huron’s Strange Trails and quite honestly, you can’t go wrong with any song from that album.

2.) “Violet” by Bad Suns Like the previous song, “Violet” is super upbeat and is sure to pump you up even on your worst day.  I discovered Bad Suns a few months ago whilst browsing Spotify, and I’m so thankful that I did because they’re super cool.

3.) “Passionfruit” by Drake This song has been my guilty pleasure lately.  I’m typically not a huge fan of rap, but this song is SO CATCHY.  Drake is pretty easy on the eyes, as well.

4.) “This Is The Life” by Two Door Cinema Club You can usually bet that I’ll enjoy any song by Two Door Cinema Club, but I love this one because it’s fun to sing along to.  Did I mention that Two Door Cinema Club is coming to UVM for Springfest at the end of this month?!  Real tears were shed.

5.) “Another Travelin’ Song” by Bright Eyes This song makes me want to go on a road trip and drink lemonade.  I’m not really sure why, maybe because the word “travel” is in the title, but regardless, this is the perfect song to blast with your windows down on a sunny day.

6.) “Two Step” by Dave Matthews Band One of my favorite memories is hearing DMB perform this song live.  Since the concert was in the summer, this song always reminds me of warmer weather and my best friend.

7.) “Crimson & Clover” by Tommy James & The Shondells This song makes me want to lay on a beach somewhere.  To me, it gives off calming and tropical vibes, making it the perfect song to listen to as you lounge in the sand and perhaps sip a strawberry daiquiri.  Minus the alcohol, of course.

8.) “Penny Lane” by The Beatles If this song doesn’t make you feel straight up happy, I don’t really know what will.  One of the first Beatles songs I remember hearing, this song holds a special place in my heart, but it also reminds me of sitting in the grass and reading a good book.

9.) “Galway Girl” by Ed Sheeran Call me basic, but this song is good.  Divide is my favorite album of Ed’s so far, and this song absolutely delivers.  Its Irish influences make it a bit more interesting than your average jam, and of course, Ed’s voice could make anybody swoon.

10.) “Midnight City” by M83  “Midnight City” always reminds me of a summer night.  I feel like it’s the perfect song to close out a day of hanging out with friends or laying by the pool.  That being said, it’s unlikely that you won’t be able to find an M83 song that isn’t relevant to your mood at any given moment.

Jenna Toth is a second year student at the University of Vermont, majoring in public communication. Jenna is no stranger to the world of writing-- her grandfather, Owen Canfield, is a former sports writer for the Hartford Courant in Connecticut. She considers him one of her biggest inspirations when it comes to writing. During her downtime, Jenna enjoys long walks to the fridge, playing songs on her ukulele, and cuddling with her black lab, Oliver. If you'd like to read more of Jenna's personal work or learn more about her, check out her social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/jennalouisetoth Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennatoth/ Tumblr: https://jennalouisetoth.tumblr.com/
I'm Emma, an 18 year old figure skater and artist from the Boston Area. I am a first year student at the University of Vermont majoring in Studio Art and Psychological Sciences as part of the Integrated Fine Art's Deans program, while participating in Hillel, and The UVM Figure Skating Club as a member of the UVM Synchronized Figure Skating Team as well as the Ice Cats performance team. I am the Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus UVM Chapter and also the Campus Correspondent. I am passionate about fashion, writing, feminism, beauty, living green, and travelling. I believe in being confidently beautiful and empowering women to feel the same!