Snag Some Local Deals with Localvore Today

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Vermont certainly prides self on buying local and that’s exactly what makes Localvore Today, an e-commerce hub for money-saving offers, feel right at home.

Founder and CEO Dan White moved to Vermont two years ago after working for industry pioneer Groupon to create a more sustainable approach for e-commerce marketplaces. After partnering with Michael, a website builder and digital marketer who moved to the area when his van broke down in the state, the company was born.

As a boot-strapped company that doesn’t have any institutional investors, the company has worked hard to feature deals for over 300 different businesses in just a year and a half. White prides the company’s growing success within the community and their rise above top other e-commerce marketplace, such as Living Social “We replaced a Living Social within the market and by doing so we’ve been able to keep approximately $100,000 in the community.”

Their driving force that separates them from the rest: Buy local and support local with the “Daily Deal.” Localvore’s “Daily Deal” is currently the company’s first and only service. However, White affirms they plan to add more services in the future that will further support the Vermont merchants.

The website has featured offers from a variety of Burlington’s popular businesses, including Hen of the Wood, A Single Pebble, Healthy Living and Marketplace Fitness. If you’re thinking what we’re thinking, today’s the perfect time to start saving some money! Check out their deals at www.localvoretoday.com.