This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

On April 15th-18th, over 10,000 Americans will rally contesting Climate Change in Washington D.C.
Will you be one of them?

Power Shift 2011 is environmental movement encouraging the American youth to actively fight for a sustainable future. It is a mission to pursue political action, challenging our nation’s policy makers to begin the necessary operations to build a green economy focused on renewable energies.

People from all walks of life- including students, entrepreneurs, social justice advocates, and blue-collar workers will join together in strategic efforts to advocate against climate change.

Undoubtedly, several students at the University of Vermont are passionately involved in the Power Shift Movement. These students have organized fundraising to transport participants to Washington D.C., continue to educate other students of the environmental movement, and quite frankly- are changing the course of history.

How can you get involved?
Come to the information table in the Atrium of the Davis Center Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during the week of February 28th! Sign up and register to be a part of this incredible moment in history.

Join us for environmental chat and cookie baking at the Green House, at 7pm Tuesday, March 1st.
Your earth needs you. Join and make a difference!